It’s very important for dance studios to finally see their increased website traffic through website visibility called SEO.
What is SEO?
SEO is the ability of search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing to find your website without you paying for it.
First, your website should be built in a system that allows you to add what is called Headers (the main title of your content) and keywords (these are what people will type in the search bar to find you, such as Ballet Classes Teenager.) The image below describes what I mean:
Image 1: A parent or student searches the term Ballet Teenager classes.
Image 2: Google shows you paid results– Alvin Ailey paid for this position.
Image 3: This site shows up without having paid for their result.
Ninth Street Dance shows up first: Let’s see why. First, their page has the exact terms that I am looking for. When I view their source code, their Meta Tags show the exact keywords that I typed into Google.
Dance Studios Web Design websites are built with Meta Tag boxes, shown below. I entered the keywords: SEO, Search Engine Optimization, etc. into the Meta Tag box on my Admin Panel. If you right-click on the page you are now reading, and “View Source Code”, you will see the key words appearing on the page that search engines will use to find our page. This is how Dance Studios Web Design gets a large amount of traffic and customers. Your webmaster should be able to SEO-optimize your website with important keywords for your dance studio to increase traffic and potential students to your website.
Other SEO Strategies
Many of the articles on this website including articles on Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Manta are all ways to help the search engines find your dance studio site when students search. Keep these thoughts in mind:
- Content is KING! The more you post on your own website, the more you will help the search engines find you.
- Keep on socializing: on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube especially. In your posts, try to use the keywords of your studio: “Great Summer Dance Camps Starting June 24. Learn Tap, Ballet and Modern with all your friends.”
- Post your business profile on Google Plus and Manta.
- Make sure that your website is SEO optimized so Google, Yahoo, and Bing can find you!
- Attach a blog to your website, like our Dance Studio Web Designs client, Tammie Locklar Dance.
- Your website should have a Site Map that is submitted to Google. Your webmaster should be able to help you with this.
If you need help with any of the above, please contact us! We will be happy to help you make decisions and give you a free consultation on the ranking and success of your current SEO.