It’s not too late for these 20 October tips to grow enrollment. I like to think about enrollment as “event” marketing, and the next big “event” is that day in November–Thanksgiving. Think about your studio as the place you can have a “sale” for Thanksgiving (or if you need more time… try and have a “flash sale” before the season gets too far along).
- At the end of this month, give away a free pair of tights or teeshirt to every student who brings a friend for a trial class.
- Have a drawing for one free month for all those families that pay three months in advance.
- Hold a dancewear sale for pre-Thanksgiviing.
- Announce an open house through your local schools. Post open house dates on your website. Have an open house registration form on your website before the end of this month.
- Have your competitive dance team tour the local schools with a few numbers during “education week.” Give cards with studio information and free registration for all new students.
- Donate a dance bag to all your local PTAs for their school auctions. Include complete dance wear, a free week of class, and a tutu.
- Contact the local preschools and ask them to send home your fall schedule with classes just for that age group. Include a free trial class coupon.
- See if you can set up a booth at your child’s elementary school on “Meet-the-teacher” Day and hand out flyers to all that stop by with studio info and free bracelets with the studio logo.
- Start an entry-level competition team for students who never had the chance to compete before.
- Have a flash sale on October classes for all new students.
- Have Thanksgiving camp day and promote it on Facebook.
- Offer online registration with recurring billing. Give families a discount who opt to put their credit card in. (so you don’t have to collect the bills!!)
- Offer a discount if parents pay in full for the year.
- Waive registration fees if the family refers a friend.
- Send local schools flyers to go home with kids.
- Put flyers on all community boards, in schools, malls, supermarkets, places of prayer, pediatricians’ offices, etc.
- Free trial class before the end of October. Promote it using Facebook or Twitter ads- get super geo-targeted.
- Email your older families as well as leads that called in and never registered.
- Costume referral program: Basically each student gets coupons that they can give out to friends. If their friend registers with the coupon their friend gets a free costume and so do they! It sounds crazy, but if you think of 9 mos. of tuition versus two costumes it pays off!
- Write, write, write!!