Wondering how to help students find you easier? Here’s the What, Why, and How for Google Places, Manta and Yelp- three profiles that are easy to create and important for search engines and your potential students to find your school.
Google Places for Business is the search engine giant’s business directory service. A Google Places for Business Page allows you to add photos (in addition to the standard directory information) and it allows customers to review your business.
Why should you list on Google Places?
• Creating a Google Places page automatically uploads your studio’s directory information into Google Maps, meaning your studio will show up on Google Maps and a link to your places page will appear.
• When your Google Places Page is fully set up, your business listing will appear on the first page of Google search results when people type in your business name.
Also, Google Places is now linked with Instagram, Facebook, and other social networks, tapping you into one of the most useful ways to attract potential clients in your area.
How to Set Up a Google Places Page:
Setting up a page is very simple.
- First, go to www.google.com/placesforbusiness/ You have to sign in with a google account so if you don’t have one, you will need to create one. I recommend one Google account for all your GOOGLE based tools, such as YOUTUBE, AD WORDS, ANALYTICS, GOOGLE+, etc.
- Follow the instructions to set up your places page. Be sure to input as much relevant information as possible.
- Add your school logo, a great picture of one of your dancers, and perhaps a short video of a recital.
- Finally, use your newsletter, blog, or Facebook Fan Page to encourage your customers to review your studio on Google Places. Good reviews will lead to higher page rankings and increased awareness and interest in your studio.
- Once you've set up your Places Page, Google will send you a postcard with a PIN number to verify your identity. Strange but true!
Like Yellow Pages, Manta is another online business directory that will help you show up better in search once you beef up your profile. Your business may already be listed, but Manta allows registered users to “claim” their business’s profile and update any information. Therefore, it is important for you to register on Manta.com and claim your business’s profile for yourself, so that you can control the information that is posted there.
Why should you maintain a Manta.com profile?
• A profile on Manta.com will increase your likelihood to appear in search results from the major search engines. If you're already visible in search engines, it will help improve your position in the search results.
• Manta.com can be one of many other ways that your customers find you online, so there’s no reason not to create one!
How to Set Up (Claim) a Manta.com Profile:
- First, become a registered member of the site. Membership is free, and you can sign up from the main page of www.manta.com by clicking “Join Free” in the top right-hand corner. Follow the instructions to join as a member.
- If your business is already listed on Manta.com (you can find this out by searching for your business on Manta.com), you must “Claim” your profile in order to update the information. This is easy to do. To claim your profile, locate your company on Manta.com and click the “Edit Company Info” link. Follow their directions and you can take control of your company’s presence on Manta.
- If Manta.com has not already created a listing for your business, you can add one for free simply by going to www.manta.com/add and following the instructions.
Yelp is yet another online business directory service famous for its community of reviewers. Though much of Yelp's publicity comes from restaurant listings and reviews, any type of business can be listed and reviewed on yelp.
Like Manta, claiming your listing on Yelp will increase your appearances in search results from the major search engines. Claiming your business on Yelp is very similar to claiming your listing on Manta.com. Go to: biz.yelp.com/claiming and follow their instructions.
This article probably took longer to read than how long it will take you set up these profiles, but setting them up will help you to grow your studio business!