Back by popular demand is a downloadable guide on how to make social media serve you better. Since it might be hard to get through all 50 tips, I've pulled out a few (plus added a few of our own!) to make your media awesome! But if you really want to deep dive, please make sure to read the attached PDF.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
- Control your message
- Make your message consistent
- Put a social media policy in place (what to say and how to say it
- More is not necessarily better. Post things that are relevent, useful and thoughtful, rather than just a lot of posts.
MEASURE AND CHANGE
- Always test to see what works in paid advertising. Then reassess based on results.
- It can be diffiuclt to monetize social media when you are learning. Try not be be too conservative at first.
- Engage your studio's student's to help you with social media. Pay them pack with a free pair of pompoms or cute bag.
- Customize your Facebook ads to reach your target audience in your demographic area.
IDEAS TO GENERATE SOCIAL LIFT
- Run contests on Facebook for a free month of Cheer Class. Get students inspirated to follow you and join your page. Use FREE Facebook contest makers like OFFER POP.
- Inject humor,skill and beauty into your post.
- Use as much social media as you can at least once a week including twitter, facebook, pinterest, Google+. (I know, easier said than done. READ THIS ARTICLE to ways to find the time!
- Promote small giveaways once a week, like sample classes, or dance attire.
SOCIAL MEDIA WORDS OF WISDOM
- You can't really make too many mistakes to hurt your business, but not doing it won't help your business.
- Create a geniune voice and let your studio know who you are. Create meaningful trustworthy relationships.
- Don't commit and then stop. You need to maintain and build.
CONTENT IS KING
- Make sure you have one thing a week to write about! Try to plan in advance.
- Have your mobile phone ready for quick updates of your Cheer superstars, cute moments, and great achievements--getting that move right the for the first time is an awesome experience. SHARE the joy!
- Titles are everything when it comes to content. Grab 'em with the first line. (Hard to do!)
SOCIAL IS A GROUP EFFORT
- Try and get your students to share your content with their friends. How? Feature THEM in posts!
- Social media needs to be de-centralized. Empower your Subject Matter Experts (i.e. YOUR STUDENTS!) to respond and increase responsiveness.
- Get your teachers involved. Reward them for helping!
If these aren't enough to get you motivated, down load this guide we found in our constant search for great tips!